Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Front yard adventures and fever.

Yesterday I had the day off! Horray for State worker holidays! Hubby went to Redding to go fishing with his friend, so it was just me and my boy. I love these days. I cherish the days where I get him all to myself and we get to play, laugh, and explore together all day. Sure, it can be tiring, but I wouldn't trade these days for anything. The weather was exceptionally gorgeous on Friday, especially for being the day after Thanksgiving and the end of November! I scored an amazing deal on a new DSLR camera on Black Friday so I couldn't wait to start taking photos of my little man! 

My child would live outside if he could. He's always loved it. Even from infancy, if he fussed, we could take him outside and he would immediately settle down. Whenever we open the door he makes a beeline for it, hoping to get the chance to explore the world beyond our walls. We've let him out in the front yard before, he loves it! On one side of our yard we have a rock bed, and since Deuce could crawl he's had his eye on that bed of rocks...I've never let him explore over there until Friday. I was to afraid he'd bite a rock and chip his pearly whites or eat a bug. Well Friday I let him at it and he had the best time! 
See those rocks behind him on the path? He decided those didn't need to be in the rock bed anymore
Yep, immediately mud or a rock went in his mouth...oh well, YES I am that mom who lets her boy eat mud, it's either let him or fight him, I'll pick my battles. I didn't let him chew on a rock though ;)
Loving exploring the rock bed!
 brown eyed boy (and muddy mouthed boy) playing in the fall leaves

I love this little face!

Friday evening a fever set in from his one year shots earlier in the week :( this makes my heart sad, but I get alot of snuggles from my usually energizer bunny boy. Some pics from our cuddle session Saturday evening

 this is his super cheesy, mouth wide open, crinkled nose, squinty eyed smile. (and Teeth, he's got 8!)
I LOVE this smile (and the drool stream!) I also love that when he's not feeling well he can still smile.

 Just playing with the new camera, he's looking like such a big boy
 Any woman alive would kill for these lashes!
 when you're not feeling well, mommy's legs are a good place to rest
Love these curls, little fingers, chubby cheek, and that he just wants to be close when he's not feeling well.

I love seeing life through my baby boys eyes! I love seeing how a rock bed and some leaves can be so entertaining! I love that when he's not feeling well he runs to me! Isn't that how our heavenly father is with us! When we are down or discouraged he wants us to run to Him and rest in Him! When we need something, he wants us to run to Him! I love how seeing life through my boy's eyes makes me more aware of how God feels about us as His children.

Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yolk upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yolk is easy, and my burden is light. (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye