Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Sisters

We all have sisters, whether it be by chance or by choice. Girls all have sisters. I have a sister. She's pretty incredible. I also have a couple girlfriends that I consider sisters. However, there is nothing like the sister you grow up with. The sister that is there everyday, to fight with, talk to, laugh with, cry with, and grow up right next to. This post is in honor of my sister. Today is her birthday and I feel so blessed that God chose us to be sisters. 1 yr apart, irish twins, completely opposite in some ways, yet two of a kind. We had a blast growing up together. The younger years spent playing with barbies and our brothers legos, teenage years spent fighting and learning how to get along, college years becoming closer, and now into our adult lives where we are separated by distance because of her love for the US Navy, but somehow we are closer than ever. Days feel weird when we don't talk on the phone. I'm proud of my sister. I'm proud to say she challenges me to be stronger and speak up, I'm proud to say she's been there in my darkest times to let me cry on her shoulder, I'm proud she's also been right by my side in the happiest of times, I'm proud she serves our country, I'm proud that she's a wonderful Aunty to my baby boy, I'm proud that no matter what she has always been there. My sister is one of my heroes. We have inside jokes that only the two of us get..and memories that only the two of us share...who has the better nose, mr funny duck, hiding under the covers when a strong storm blew out the transformer up the street and exploded the across the street neighbors front light, sharing a room... It's been quite the transition with her being in the US Navy and not having her here close to home. We've had to learn to plan our times together, make it a point to get on the phone, text, facebook...and all of our time together is that much more precious! I've made a point to visit her in every place she's been stationed so I can learn about her life there, see her life there, meet her friends I hear so much about. It makes me feel closer to her. She's about to leave for a 6 month deployment and how I will miss her so. I am thankful for Skype and being able to stay connected! She truly is one of a kind. 



Happy Birthday Sissy! 
I hope you feel honored and blessed today. No one will love you like I do, our sisters love will never be broken. ILY.

 Ecc 4:9-10 Two are better than one because they have good return for their labor. If either of them falls down, one can help the other up.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye