Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Rally Fro.

Oh hair how I love thee. I like to say I'm bipolar with my hair. One day I want something, another day I want something different. My style doesn't stay the same for a very long time. Over the last 5 years my hair has been various colors and lengths...the below picture is a glimpse of what it's been...


When I got pregnant with Deuce, I got a "hair" education from my wonderful sisters-in-law. Who knew that taking care of different textured hair took so much work! I learned all about the possible type of hair my boy could have. When he was born it was jet black and silky and soft. Then it fell out on the top and he looked a little old man. At this stage his hair didn't take much work... 

photo courtesy of Photography By Toni Landon

As his hair has grown it's gotten coarser, thought it's still soft, and very very curly. Hubby and I debate about cutting it on a near daily basis, he wants to cut it, I want it to grow. After all, his hair will only be in "my control" for so long, as he grows up he will likely want to cut his beautiful curls off...as it grows though, it does take work. Our hair process is as follows:
Bath time
Wet hair
Shampoo hair
Condition and leave the conditioner in for the remainder of the bath
Rinse

Spray in leave in conditioner/detangler
Dry him off, lotion, jammies etc..

Spray in more leave in conditioner
Put him on my lap with my cell phone and comb his hair out section by section..
Once hair is detangled and combed through, put in hair moisturizing cream
Hair Before Bath

Hair After bath and "the process"

The combing out can easily take around 45 minutes...the back of his hair where it rubs the car-seat and bed while he sleeps can get very tangled and matted. 

I probably do this 2-3 times per week...but his hair gets super dry in between and stays "nice" for maybe a day. Any tips out there on keeping it hydrated, moisturized, tangle free between 'the process'?? I'd do it every day but the time it takes just doesn't make that possible, esp since he has a pretty early bedtime (730/745)..

I love his curly hair. I think I've taken the ease of care for my hair for granted and I have such an appreciation now for people who have very textured/curly hair! 

Hubby and my conversations about his hair are hilarious:
Hubs: let's cut it

Me: no but it's so cute
Hubs: he looks like he has caterpillars coming out of his head
Me: but he loves caterpillars! it's so cute

Hubs: but but look at it though..
Me: it's so cute though!


These are daily conversations that most of the time leave us rolling in laughter. 
I keep telling hubs that I'm growing his hair out until his Aunty Shon comes home from her World Race Missions Trip (AUGUST!) I call it...his Aunty Shon Rally Fro.....




Shall we keep it growing or cut it!?

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye